Ranked 6th out of 10
125 total reviews
Click on each platform to read reviews.
About The Entrust Group
For nearly 40 years, The Entrust Group has provided account administration services for self-directed retirement accounts and tax-advantaged plans. Entrust can assist you in purchasing alternative investments with your retirement funds, and administer the buying and selling of assets that are typically unavailable through banks and brokerage firms.
Gary Kowalski – Chief Financial Officer
Nikita Brodskiy – Chief Strategy Officer
John Paul Ruiz – Director of Professional Development
Tim Smith, Ph.D. – Director of Operations
Assets Under Management
Number of clients
1982 – The Entrust Group is founded
1992 – Incorporated
2012 – Entrust ends franchise program
2012 – Launches dedicated office and website for precious metals
2014 – Entrust partners with the SavedPlus app to help users save for retirement
2016 – The Entrust Group launches its first IRA Academy Event
2017 – Entrust Group integrates eMoney Advisor
2018 – Entrust opens a dedicated trust company, The Entrust Trust Company (TETC)
Entrust provides all of the standard functionality associated with Self Directed IRAs.
- Account administration services
- Administer the buying and selling of all Self Directed assets
- Preparation and submission of required forms to the IRS including Form 1099-R and annual Form 5498
The Entrust Group offers a number of unique services that are not shared by most other Self Directed IRA companies.
- Ongoing educational programs
- IRA Academy – Entrust’s IRA Academy is a venue where financial and banking professionals can receive specialized training. It is certified by the Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB).
- Local representation – Although not fully local, Entrust does offer regional office support in Santa Monica, CA, Oakland, CA, Nashville, TN, and Hackensack, NJ. This is distinctive as most Self Directed Retirement providers normally service a national clientele from one centrally located headquarters.
- B2B Programs – Over the past few years, Entrust has made a push to establish a presence in the B2B community. This includes business clients who have a hand in directing their clients’ investments (e.g. financial planners), as well as businesses who encourage private investment via the use of Self Directed IRA funds. Entrust offers a number of enhanced options to its business clients.
- Increased client support
- Marketing and branding support including cobranding opportunities and marketing collateral
- Discounted fees
- Increased educational opportunities
- Dedicated advisor portal that allows for hands oversight of clients’ accounts
- Enhanced Client Portal – This recent innovation allows for real time asset management and account management.
Process and Timeframe
- The Entrust website indicates that opening a new account should only take about ten minutes. The information that you need to have available to open a new account includes: your social security number, birthdate, legal address, digital copy of identification, credit card information, and your beneficiary’s name and social security number.
- To open the account, you can either download a New Account kit or you can visit a local office in person.
- After opening the account, funding takes place which can be accomplished either via a rollover from an existing account or by making an initial contribution.
- The next step is to actually invest. The account holder has sole decision making ability regarding which asset to invest in. Once an asset is decided upon, the account holder contacts Entrust to facilitate the transaction.
555 12th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.