Ranked 6th out of 10
Click on each platform to read reviews.
About Kingdom Trust Company
Kingdom Trust is an independent qualified custodian regulated by the South Dakota Division of Banking. We specialize in unique and innovative custody solutions for individual investors, investment sponsors, family offices, advisory firms, broker-dealers and various other investment platforms.
Assets Under Management
Number of Clients
Number of Employees
- 2010 – Kingdom Trust is founded.
- 2014 – Company is incorporated.
- 2016 – Kingdom Trust is Accredited.
- 2017 – Forms strategic relationship with VeriComply
- 2018 – Kingdom Trust secures insurance coverage through Lloyd’s of London for its digital assets.
- 2019 – South Dakota federal Judge rules against Kingdom Trust in a lawsuit with Bitcoin IRA.
- 2019 – Kingdom Trust enters into a partnership with DrawBridge Lending.
- 2020 – Kingdom Trust acquires Choice Holdings, a crypto retirement company.
- 2020 – Hedera is added as part of Kingdom Trust’s custodial offerings.
Kingdom Trust offers the standard selection of Self Directed retirement plans including a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Simplified Employee Pension Plan (SEP), Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE), and Solo 401(k) plans.
Digital assets like Bitcoin or Ethereum can be placed in a Self Directed IRA as a retirement asset. Although many who invest in digital currency prefer to do so with a Checkbook IRA, there are many Self Directed clients who prefer the Custodian model. Kingdom Trust has invested a lot of time and capital in positioning itself as the Custodian of choice for digital assets. This is true not only for individual investors, but for institutional ones as well. Kingdom Trust’s website promotes end-to-end capabilities for institutional investors who wish to include digital currency in their portfolios.
Kingdom Trust offers escrow services for a variety of equity and debt offerings:
- Regulation A+ Tier 1 and 2
- Regulation CF
- marketplace lending
- private equity
- crowd-sourced investments
There is a six-step process to utilize Kingdom’s escrow service:
- Execute an agreement
- Submit appropriate AML/BSA documents to perform the assessment
- Establish an escrow account
- Process ACH
- Deposit funds into the account
- Establish online access
Kingdom Trust utilizes its banking relationships to provide global custody and clearing for a large variety of global institutions. These include:
- marketplace lending firms
- crowdfunding portals
- offshore funds
Kingdom Trust offers custodial services for funds that need to adhere to Custody Rule requirements. These services break down into four basic categories:
- Monitor and transact custodial assets as directed
- Provide record keeping for deposits, disbursements, and investments
- Statement delivery
- Verification of assets for fund auditors
Although most trust companies possess decent security protocols (as mandated), Kingdom Trust uniquely posts their protocols on the company website. The accounting system is Accutrust Gold and it is accessed via an ASP Citrix connection. There is redundancy built into this system but the possibility exists that if the connections simultaneously fail, access would be unavailable until connectivity can be restored.
Services and Process
Kingdom Trust operates with a fairly standard process. Funds submitted via check are normally available after 1-2 business days, while wires are normally available same day. Fees are asset and method based and can vary greatly. Minimum cash balance required for the account can vary according to the specific fee schedule, but for most clients the minimum balance is $500.
Matt Jennings – Chairman and Co-Founder
Ryan Radloff – Chief Executive Officer
Charles “Bo” Ives – President
Jason Anderson – President
Lisa Tabers – Chief Operating Officer
Tim Kuhman – SVP, General Counsel & Trust Officer of Kingdom Trust
1105 State Route 121 North
Murray, KY 42071
Hours of Operation
M-F: 8AM – 5PM CT